Monday, October 10, 2011

(Exasperated )*Sigh* Finally!!

After some technical difficulties trying to upload my pictures on blogger, kept getting loading error messages... try again..., so finally uploaded to picasa web to see that my date on my camera was set waaay into the future of 2037 bahahaha... see, I'm way ahead of my time with the creation of my awesome project lol! Anywhoooooooo.....
So silly me, I found yet another challenge that I had the supplies to make and comply to the challenges rules!!  Where you ask.... Scrappin' Chics Challenge Blog!!!  I've been out of the loop for a while now, but I am making my way back....  We are still in a hotel and will be for another two weeks, but by golly it's only two more weeks!!  Woot Woot!!  So then we wait for our HHG to arrive and I can finally be organized again.  Excited!!!  So back to the challenge, this month's challenge is Halloween with using purple and green colors in any layout, card, or altered project!  Jennifer Dively, August winner picked this theme! 
So I worked frivolously to get this done with some awesome advice from a sweet blogging friend, use stuff from around the hotel.... hehehe so I took her advice.... For my project, I used..... (hehehe going to make you wonder...... and tell ya at the end)






Have you figured it out yet?!










 A great place to put picures...



 Don't you love this?!  I stamped the skeleton keys to use as journaling....

I've got put a little something here to put my note here to the recipient, but any how... have you figured out what I used here at the hotel to make this?  TOILET PAPER ROLLS!!  This was so much fun, I hope you enjoyed this as much as me.  The wonderful lady that cleans my room has indulged me with my request of leaving me my empty toilet paper rolls and bringing me ones from other rooms!  I loved the look on her face when I first requested this... it was priceless.  In return I am making her two daughters an album each.  Well Mrs. Amy has an challenge that I am going to get started on tomorrow, if you haven't visited the lovely Amy at Love to Crop, be sure to go visit her now and join in on the fun.  Her blogs are ALWAYS full of challenges going on besides her own and is always full of inspiration.  She is a special guest designer at Scrappin' Chics so while you are there be sure to check out what she has done ;0)

4 comments:

Tracey said...

WOW! This is amazing Annette :)
Hugs
Tracey
x

GinniG said...

Great mini album!!! Love the colors! Thanks for entering the Scrappin Chics Challenge Blog! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Wow girl what will you do when you have a whole house to craft from:)) Awesome job. I have never made one of these but I started collecting the rolls a few months ago. My hubby thought I was nuts! Any who, thank you so much for the visit on my blog, and good luck on the candy. I really appreciate you grabbing my button too! I have been a follower of your for a bit. I look forward to getting to know you better. BTW please extend my thanks to your husband for being one of our country's heroes. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Aim said...

ARE YOU SERIOUS??????????? THIS is what you made in your LIMITED space??? Egads, girl... I'm so stinkin' IMPRESSED!! This is magnificent (and maybe we should lock you in a hotel room more often!)... WOWZERS!! You certainly took that "use what's in your room" advice to heart, dear... My favorite part? The skeleton keys for journaling lines -- How creative was THAT??? Hope you'll post the ones you make for your maid too... Yeah, I remember when I told my kiddos they weren't allowed to throw away the TP rolls -- Classic BIG EYES!! :)

You rock, girlfriend...
HUGS,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
Guest Designer for Scrappin' Chics