Tuesday, April 7, 2015

100 Day Challenge/Unity Color Challenge

Hello and welcome to my corner of the world that seems to vastly change every few years.

I have been through a lot the last two years and I'm making my way back one day at a time.

We have recently moved from Hawaii to Missouri.  I am getting my home unpacked with just my craft room and my husband's office to go.  I have finally found some of my supplies in boxes that were mis-marked, thank you packers for that... eeeeep.  Now that I managed to put together my desks and put up my computer and as said before, found some some supplies I had to get my fingers inky and sticky with crafty fun.
My first project was a mail/key holder that I made by altering a planters box I got at a  Church garage sale.  I only paid $1 for it, then using paints and some paper I had already on hand I hit Lowes and picked up some cup hooks.  I went to Joanne's (There's not one here at Fort Leonard Wood) while still in Texas visiting family and picked up some  chalk placemats and cork board.  If I remember all of this was less than $10.00.  I came home to Missouri and got busy and this is what came of it.

Before and After:



I'm so proud of this piece that will forever be in our home, wherever that may be.

Then I started back on my Instagram posts of which you can find me here:

In doing so I have regained inspiration and the desire to get back into my love of making cards again. I came across a fellow Instagrammer Loolabelle
that shared an awesome post of a challenge.

Making for 100 Days 

1. Choose an action 
2. Starting April 6th repeat said action up to and including July 14th!
3. Tag your posts with #the100dayproject

Easy right?!... Well Here is my Day01

And now... Day02, with this beauty I am also going back to my roots of entering challenges.  One of my favorite places to go is UnityStampCo.  I have been purchasing their Kit of the Month for a few years now and I have yet to be disappointed.  

I chose to go with the "color" challenge.  
I used the goodies included with my KOM which included a tag that I "painted" gesso onto it with my fingers.  Sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Jazz Blue, Mustard Yellow, and Meadow Green.  Embossed the flower image with clear embossing powder then covered in with Stampin' Up water color pencils.
I sprayed the card base with the same colors I sprayed my tag with, stamped the "fly bird" with Memento ink.  
Using the jute and the button also given along with the kit I added those for embellishments.  Using my Sharpie Pen I added faux stitches to finish this card.  I just love how it turned out!  


Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoyed making them!

Hugs~ PaperPajamas


No comments: