Friday, July 8, 2011

PPPC#6 Summer Theme

Cindy has come up with yet another fantastically fun challenge!  I just love stopping by to see what she has in store.  She is incredibly helpful and will respond to any question you may have regarding CTMH or anything I'm sure for that matter!

This time, in honor of summer, she challenged me to make a card that features something of the season.  It can be a flower, a card for the 4th of July or perhaps a layout featuring a summer vacation.

I have decided to go with a beach scene!  As most of you know, I will be in Hawaii August 26th, YES we finally received the flight itinerary!!  It's kind of disappointing seeing how we will be flying out of Raleigh to DFW... um HELLO we will be in the area to visit my family but we HAVE to fly from duty station to duty station so I'm going to call my Momma and just have her meet us up there snag a quick lunch prior to our 8 hour flight!  I am super excited and can not wait to see the atmosphere.. I had better get leid when I get there too lol, that sounded horrible, I may even have spelled incorrectly... but I want the flowers put on me when I get off the plane like I see on television lol.  None the less so our move to Hawaii and the summer season is my theme for my card.  I had a LOT of fun making this card.  I put LOTS of texture into as that has been Ms. Cindy's theme here lately in her blogs so I hope you appreciate it ma'am!




 I used my TAC (The Angel Company) stamps, these are the VERY FIRST sets I had started stamping with and I decided to pull them out because they were just fitting.  I did a LOT of stamping and cutting to do some layering verses stamping on white then coloring.  I used several different patterned paper to give the flamingo it's look.  I used some scrap paper I had and DCVW Animal Safari.

5 comments:

Aim said...

OMGoodness, Annette!! This is SO STINKIN' CUTE!! :) I love, love, LOVE it!! That flamingo is too adorable (did she borrow that grass skirt from my penguin??? hee hee)...

I know you're so super-pumped about the big move -- I can't wait to hear ALL about it!! Mahalo!!

Oh yeah... There's a Blog Award for you on my blog... Hope you'll stop by and pick it up (no packing required)!! :)

(((hugs)))
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

I am a new follower, amy from love to crop cent me!! Your card is so cute, have a great trip!!
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh how absolutely adorable. I have never seen a cuter flamingo!!

Amy E said...

Oh wow your card is awesome!!! Have fun in Hawaii! And wave hi to my son while you're in Dallas!!

I'm a new follower and Amy from love to crop sent me!

amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Hi Annette, super cute and fun as always...love all of your creations. ~Shen